Best Practices in Buying Satellite Antennas and the RF Chain
Best Practices in Buying Satellite Antennas and the RF Chain explores how to specify, negotiate and manage installation in order to obtain the greatest value and reduce the potential for costly errors, while making the technology provider a partner in the teleport's success. Satellite antennas represent a large expenditure with a long shelf life. For that reason, buyers put a substantial amount of time, care and energy into getting the purchase right. Getting it right involves multiple steps with multiple prospective vendors, and these steps form the basis of this report:
- Specifying the purchase, from defining your requirements to writing clear specs and a statement of work.
- Evaluating the proposals, including price, efficiency and total cost of ownership.
- Deciding on functional and design trade-offs that deliver the highest value for the lowest cost.
- Integration and installation to ensure that your requirements are met in the final installed product.
- After-market support to maintain maximum uptime and protect your investment.
Click here to download the Table of Contents and Introduction.
Best Practices in Buying Satellite Antennas and the RF Chain is made possible by the financial support of...